Arcooperative Association aka Arcoop's mission is to help activate, develop, and support entrepreneurial activity at Arcosanti. We empower many groups, especially alumni, to build this micro-city as a model for how we can all thrive.
The Cooperative was formed by 6 residents in 2017 because we saw entrepreneurship and enterprises not being stimulated in this urban prototype. We are passionate about inclusion, and want to move past the company-town paradigm. We are based at Arcosanti, Arizona and our members are from all around the world!
- Co-Ownership – We believe in including all stakeholders in our cooperative’s success. Anyone can become a member, and eventually co-own, vote and receive dividends.
- Co-Creation – By working together we demonstrate how we are more than the sum of our parts. Through shared memory and meaning we begin to understand the ‘why’ of our existence.
- Access to Commons- We believe that sharing resources is essential to the practice of community. Pooling material and immaterial resources strengthens the ability to leverage ideas.
- Environmental Accountability – Underneath all that we do is a deep reverence for our planet and ecosystems. It is imperative to understand and protect our natural world.
- Show Don’t Tell – The mantra of the work at Arcosanti. Everyone has ideas- we care about implementations and results.
Want to contact us? Click here.